Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Music Special, May 22

"The Show" - Lenka
The only two things that stand right the heck out about this track are that it should either be accompanied by a Meredith Grey voice-over, or be on the soundtrack to Diablo Cody's next movie.

"Four Kicks" - Kings of Leon
These guys continue to impress me.

"The '59 Sound" (acoustic) - The Gaslight Anthem
My favorite version of my second favorite song off their second, but best, record.

"21 Guns" - Green Day
I instinctively resent all Green Day since Dookie - but this track has actually made me pay close attention to their latest effort. Not bad, I say.

"I Do Not Hook Up" - Kelly Clarkson
If you have a problem with it, you are wrong.


................................................
Shout-Out
"Somebody That I Used To Know" - Elliott Smith
There is no deeper meaning, here. This is just a fantastic song that iTunes' smart-as-a-whip "party shuffle" mode popped on just before I put "Push It" by Salt n' Pepa up here again. Word.

No comments: