Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday Music Special, May 15

"Cotopaxi" - The Mars Volta
I've never heard any other song by this band that I like - but this one, I do like. So it's found it's way into a Friday Music Special. Not much more to it than that.

"Nights of The Week" - Apes and Androids
Aside from the fact that they have a ridiculously baller name, I know nothing about this band. Nor have I bothered to Google/Wiki them. Nor do I plan to.

"And So I Watch You From Afar" - Set Guitars To Kill
Again with the baller name, again with the non-knowing thing. A trend is developing in the FMS this week. This track feels like the ultimate cross between a Nintendo soundtrack, and a late-night Wendy's run.

"This Sweet Love" - James Yuill
Like a remixed, slightly poppier Eliot Smith, enough so that I might actually listen to a whole album. Also, this song should probably be on the soundtrack to the next movie Zach Braff is in.

"Sorrow's Army" - Graham Coxon
Easily my favorite track of the week. If you don't like this, you are wrong.


..............................................
Zach Braff?
"Superman" - Lazlo Bane
Because you saw it coming.


PS - I guess we can call this "My One Hit Wonders FMS"?

No comments: