Tuesday, August 05, 2008

FanPackery

Today we're going to discuss a certain trait of the random bus loads of Tourists that visit MIT campus every day. Let me be clear: I have nothing against these people. I do, however, take most grievous issue with their continued use of fanny packs.
I recognize, certainly, the functionality of such a body-sack --- what I am unaware of is the social convention making it acceptable to don such a ridiculous piece of garb, and then walk around with it dangling from your midsection. If anyone is cognizant of the protocol in question, please enlighten me. Until such time as I am convinced otherwise, I say to you fanny pack wearers, all: Get a camera vest. Carry a backpack. Stop looking like a massive tool. Also, writing your name on your underwear with a Sharpie went out of fashion sometime around Kindergarten. 

1 comment:

Jeanne Dasaro said...

what about a gucci fanny pack?
http://www.thisnext.com/item/quick-view/F4DAFA1A/