Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Music Special, April 17

"Sound of Guns" - The Architects
If the dude from Rancid had a better voice, this is what he'd probably want to sound like. As it is, this tune is possibly the best self-aggrandizing thing I've heard in quite some time. Yay-yer.

"Know Your Enemy" - Green Day
New, from the guys that brought us Dookie...and then a bunch of other cal...something that doesn't suck harder than anything Metallica did post-Black Album.

"Sweet Child o' Mine" - Alex Cornish
Wow. I mean, wow. I thought I had heard every possible iteration of this song, and then this cover comes along and, well, just listen. Video linked to is a live version - if anyone can find the studio one, send it along.

"My Doorbell" - The White Stripes
Not a new song. Not too old a song, either. But a damn good one. And Jack White's hat is baller. Baller as all heck.

"Spanish Joint" - D'Angelo
What? I can't dig on something other than UK pop-topia for a minute? Damn.


..........................................
Tradition:
"Don't Sweat The Technique" - B Eric & Rakim
I'd like you to give a listen, nod your head in slow motion, and let out a long 'Yeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhh'.

No comments: