Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday Music Special, April 10

"Tonight's Today" - Jack Penata
In the same way that driving at night with the windows down and sunroof open feels just about right when it's (supposed to be) springtime, so to does this slick beat and infectious riff. Plus the chorus is a tongue-twister and half. Or at least, I think it is.

"I'm Not Alone" - Calvin Harris
Ok, Calvin Harris. You and I need to talk. In one fell swoop, you've negated my ability to walk down the hall without hearing this song in the background, and also managed to re-affirm my unhealthy love of bedazzled glasses. Um. Thanks?

"Rubber Lover" - Marmaduke Duke
Not really a throwaway tune, but not entirely a keeper either. Like the opening credits of one of those 80's movies made during the late 90's.

"Embers" - Just Jack
Conversely, here we have a 2000's tune with a decidedly 80's video. I'm beginning to sense a thread running through the music special this week, though I'm entirely uncertain of what that thread is.

"Daniel" - Bat For Lashes
Easily my favorite track on this week's list. Something about it makes me feel fuzzy. And I like fuzzy.


............................................
Final Thought:
"Don't Stop Me Now" - Queen
So help me, this is the best Friday anthem of all time. I'll inevitably change my mind at some point, but totally the 'current best Friday anthem of all time'.

No comments: