Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday Music Special, June 27

"Ara Batur" - Sigur Ros
More than slightly enchanting, a wee bit haunting, and all chill. Zane popped this on, earlier this week. I was blown away.

"Geraldine" - Glasvegas
Reminiscent of the old (read: relevant) U2, think a diet Achtung Baby. When not trying too hard, it succeeds well enough. Good night-driving track.

"The Harder They Come" - Jimmy Cliff
One part of me wants to dislike this song, purely because it's so damn basic. The other part can't stop bobbing its head, tapping its feet, and singing along. I've kicked the metal "modesty skirt" under my desk at least six times while writing this.

"Shut Up And Let Me Go" - The Ting Tings
A shameless rip off of just about every White Stripes video ever made. Just as infectious. No way I could listen to a whole album of this - but a track at a time? Well suuuure.

"I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked" - Ida Maria
Honestly, the title alone should be enough. Just think about Cyndi Lauper fronting the Ramones, and playing on the roof of that building at the end of 10 Things I Hate About You.


..............................................
Touch-of-Class:
"Mona Lisa" - Nat King Cole
One of my all time, top-5 favorite songs, by one of my all time, top-5 favorite singers.

No comments: