Friday, February 02, 2007

Tunes For The Weekend

I'd like to share with you the track list of a cd I recently burned and have been listening to on repeat for nigh on a fortnight. Cool?

1) "le disko" Shiny Toy Guns - This track is just oozes cool. Great beat. Lyrics like Cake.

2) "life by the drop" Stevie Ray Vaughn - Stevie on 12-string and nothing else around. Golden.

3) " xo" FallOut Boy - The best track off their best album.

4) " tomorrow comes a day too soon (acoustic)" Flogging Molly - My favorite song by these guys.

5) "d'yer mak'er" Led Zeppelin - For my money, I don't know a Zep tune I'd rather have to listen to over and over again. Maybe Kashmir, but that shitty sample of it in Godzilla kinda ruined it for me.

6) "love like winter" AFI - I thought I'd hate their most recent album, only because I like the first one so much. I stand corrected.

7) "we used to be friends" The Dandy Warhols - This track is just awesome. Plus is makes me think of Veronica Mars, and by default Kristen Bell. No complaints here.

8) "giving him something he can feel" En Vogue - Whatever. I'm allowed one, aren't I?

9) "papa's got a brand new bag pt 1" James Brown - It feels like I should be walking down the Columbus Ave with this playing in the background.

10) "snitches and talkers get stitches and walkers" FallOut Boy - Lots of "energy". Me likey.

11) "someday i suppose (life from the middle east) The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Arguably their best record. Arguably their best song.

12) "de l'alouette" RJD2 - It's the song from the Adidas commercial that was on during the World Cup.

13) "follow you" Josh Kelley - Totally bland pop, but I really like this song.

Well there it is. Download 'em, enjoy 'em, let me know if you agree.

See you in the funny pages...

No comments: