Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Remember, Remember



On this special Valentine's Day edition of The Rebel Yell, I'd like to share with you a shot I recently snapped in Cambridge. This collegiate effort to graffiti the side of the new American Apparel store on Brattle Street made me smile.

The narratives I'd concocted involved a devilishly clever store employee who wanted to reference obscure British History, or the store's manager that wanted to prove his "coolness factor" to the plebs and show that he too reads Alan Moore. I even had a whole treatise on how the original artist had missed that second letter B, and had gone back days later to correct the error only to find that another schmo with spray paint had done it for them. Sadly, these were all put to pasture when I parked across from the store during a Wednesday sabbatical to the comic book shop.

"Damn", I thought. "Somebody done gone and painted right over that piece of post-urban urban art.

That means it's gone.

See you in the funny pages...

No comments: