Friday, June 05, 2009

Friday Music Special, June 5

"15 to 20" - The Phenomenal Handclap Band
Ok. It really annoyed the heck out of me at first, too - but listen the whole way through. If you still hate it, no hard feelings. Promise.

"Red At Night" - The Gaslight Anthem
A gem of theirs from the previous album. This is what I've listened to every afternoon, before leaving work, everyday this week.

"Superman Returns" - John Ottman
Not certain I've ever put something like this up here, before. But Ottman really hit this out of the park, riding John Williams' coattails. This has been a comfort through much distress.

"When The Sun Goes Down" - Arctic Monkeys
These guys continue to impress beyond what you can expect from most bands. Good things.

"Waking Up In Vegas" - Katy Perry
What? I don't hate it, and neither should you.


......................................................
What Was Missing Last Week:
"Whoomp There It Is" - Tag Team
I will laugh if you know the words. I will sing them along with you. But I will laugh.

No comments: