Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The "What The?!?" Award of The Week

This week's "What The?!?" goes out to Pirates 2. Not only did this movie keep me thoroughly engrossed and entertained for the whole 2.5 hours, but it did so without ever once making me wish that movies still had intermissions.

So why the "What The?!?", you ask?

Here's the skinny, folks. I liked this movie MORE than Superman Returns. That's right. The comic book geek inside me notwithstanding, Pirates 2 was a better flick.

So again, "What The?!?". As in, after all this time waiting for Big Blue to bow, the film about eyepatches, dead-men's chests, and Johnny Depp wins out?

Does this statement un-make me as a fanboy? Am I to be banished to the Pit of Carkoon, and held at the mercy of Sarlacc? (that statement alone should be enough for my atonement)

And who the hell cares about Jessica Biel's hair, anyway?

See you in the funny pages...

No comments: