Monday, July 10, 2006

The first day of the rest of my life.

Here it is. The inevitable end to the best run I've had these few short years of mine.

"Laid off" sounds like such a dirty pair of words, full of bad connotations and ill-will, that I'm hesitant to use the phrase. How about "said so long" or "see you soon"?

In any event, today is the first day of my pseudo-retirement, and as such I think it important that I make note of my intentions:

1) Drive cross country. (details to follow in further posts)

2) While driving cross country, write. Maybe do the writing on the breaks I take from driving - even though I can probably steer with one hand and type with the other...or maybe I should get me a nifty little speech-to-text tool?

3) While writing, actively pursue avenues to publishing and distribution of said written works.

4) "Explore my opportunities" / "Find My self" (no that's not a typo)

5) wash. rinse. repeat.

Whew. So there they are. 5 objectives to guide me on this summer of living dangerously.

See you in the funny pages...

No comments: