Friday, June 01, 2007

Sex, Drugs, and Education Addiciton

Hi my name's Ed, and I'm an addict. It's been two years since my last matriculation.

It feels good to finally get that off my chest.

Finally admitting that I can't stop thinking about going back to school doesn't seem like a big deal? Nay, I know not 'seems'. It's a fact. I want back into the classroom like a drunk can't wait to be at the bottom of their glass.

Get this. Responsibility, maturity, and their foul ilk have popped up too close to home and now it's time to beat them back again. It's for that reason that I've signed myself up for a self-imposed GMAT study schedule. Do I want an MBA? Dunno. Do I want to get my ass back into a lecture hall's big comfy chair? Hell, yah.

So let's get this straight. This blog entry is my solemn oath to be a student for life. "Adulthood" be damned.

See you in the funny pages...


PS - iTunes U makes me smile

2 comments:

Jenny Mankerian said...

You know what it is, at least for me ... it's graduation season. Seeing so many people in caps and gowns, knowing that they've accomplished something this year, their parents are happy, etc., it makes you "pari nakhantz" and you want to go through the process of it all over again, if just for that happy ending. Even I, with a graduate degree, get that twinge every June. Law school, maybe? A Ph.D. perhaps? Oh, a Master's in Public Policy?

Anything for a lei.

;P

Jenny Mankerian said...

You know what it is, at least for me ... it's graduation season. Seeing so many people in caps and gowns, knowing that they've accomplished something this year, their parents are happy, etc., it makes you "pari nakhantz" and you want to go through the process of it all over again, if just for that happy ending. Even I, with a graduate degree, get that twinge every June. Law school, maybe? A Ph.D. perhaps? Oh, a Master's in Public Policy?

Anything for a lei.

;P