First up was the Wizard World Chicago Convention (by way of Cleveland), followed swiftly by The Glenlivet Gathering in Aviemore Scotland, and finally a jaunt to New Jersey & New York for the annual AYF Olympics.
So what's come out of it all? Here are a few lessons learned on these exploits:
- Chicago traffic is horrible.
- Comic book conventions are almost cool, now.
- Scotland is more amazing each time you go.
- Glenlivet really is the finest scotch around (esp. the 18 yr. old)
- Inverness is the greatest city in the UK. You can argue, but I won't budge.
- Most of New Jersey smells like a mixture of trash & piss. This is not an exaggerated statement, and is based on empirical evidence rather than personal opinion.
- It's good to be "home".
Now it's time to get back on the wagon, break down, bite the bullet, whatever - and find a job. Crappitty, crap, crap.
See you in the funny papers...